(updated 18 Jun 07)
Top Ten Clues an Applicant's Résumé May Be Padded
(Topic suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org)
Has HMO as a character reference. (email@example.com) Ummm...we sad "pad"...not "undermine".
10. Something seems off about the 22-year-old applicant at The GAP being awarded the Bronze Star during the Viet Nam War. (Truckerex@insightbb.com)
9. Claims to have cured cancer and racism. (Mistahtom@aol.com)
8. His PhD is from the local Community College. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. The résumé comes in both hard bound and paper back versions. (DavidGoTribe@aol.com)
6. It's an application for Hooters. (email@example.com)
5. Not 100 percent sure, but fairly certain the film industry doesn't give out Academy Awards to people who post a film's "goofs" on the Internet Movie Database. (ParisIuvsMe@aol.com)
4. Those 5.0 grade point averages are a dead giveaway. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Work History: Retail point-of-sale barcode inventory scanning system specialist. (i.e., Cashier) (email@example.com)
2. Date of Canonization. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wow...you taught Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking everything they know, too?...
1. You recognize it as a copy of YOUR résumé! (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)