(updated 26 Nov 07)
Top Ten Signs the Writer's Strike Won't End Any Time Soon
(Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hi, this is David Letterman - can we talk? For free... (email@example.com) Yes, David, we can...now on to the list...
10. I would write an entry... but I'm on strike. (FiremanJersey@gmail.com; DOrr221@comcast.net)
9. "Cavemen" was picked up for another season. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. All the busboy positions in Hollywood seem to be filled. (email@example.com)
7. All of the best HMO submitters are getting requests for material. What...you guys aren't getting them?? (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. "Facts of Life" and "Mama's Family" begin to fill your TiVo. (email@example.com)
5. It ain't over 'till Oprah says it's over. (Airfarcewon@aol.com)
4. New flood of HMO entries from someone named Outofwork@nbc.com. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Alan Smithee's just been called in to handle the negotiations. (ParisIuvsMe@aol.com)
2. They are so committed that they won't even write their demands. (DOrr221@comcast.net; email@example.com)
It'll never work...doesn't have the word "Got" in the title...
1. Word has it that Fox is promoting a new reality show, "America Has Writing Talent". (firstname.lastname@example.org)