(updated 29 Nov 08)
Please Note: Our "HMO Newsletter" goes out to those who have registered in our forum. You don't have to participate in the forum (or even check it after) - but registering will allow you to get periodic updates about contests and other HMO happenings sent straight to your email address. Keep in mind we won't overwhelm you with emails...perhaps one every week or two...or three. If you wouldn't mind, if you have never registered at the forum, please take a few moments to do so. If you need any help, please email me at Cadeaux@HumorMeOnline.com for assistance.
If you have registered at the forum and you don't get an email by 1 December 2008, please let me know (it might have something to do with the "Hide Email" prompt which you might have chosen). The mail will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and the subject line will be "HumorMeOnline Newsletter"...so if you have to "allow emails" from a certain address, please add that one. So be on the lookout for it as stated above, as it does not come straight from HMO because I'm using the forum board to send out the messages as it's much easier for me that way (you only have to add one name Vs me adding them all) - and I would sincerely appreciate it.
Top Ten Unknown Myths UNTIL NOW (happy now, email@example.com?) About Thanksgiving
(Topic Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org)
First off, how many wives DO you have...secondly...I really don't think it has much to do with Thanksgiving (yeah...I know it was probably an entry for the last time...but I thought it was kinda funny for this one)...
Boy do I look great when I put on one of my wives fancy dresses!
Now the real entries...
10. The Tofurkey was a real hit. (email@example.com)
9. Pumpkin pie vomit actually feels soothing when it comes out.
8. With the demise of Chrysler, "Plymouth Rock" will be renamed "Toyota Rock". (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Your family thinks you look fine in your elastic stretch pants. (email@example.com)
6. Pilgrim women would have serious scuffles when they showed up for thanksgiving wearing the same outfits. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. After meeting the American Indians the Pilgrims partook in some peace pipe smoking which led to severe munchies which in conclusion became the now famous Thanksgiving feast. (email@example.com)
4. Cranberry sauce made its acting debut in 1958's "The Blob" with Steve McQueen. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. The one thing the Pilgrims never gave thanks for...getting New Jersey from the Indians! (email@example.com)
2. Squanto and Pocahontas translate in English as "Sonny and Cher". (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"...and thank you for calling the Butterball hotline...glad we could help..."
1. Licking the entire turkey before cooking will give it a beautiful golden skin. (email@example.com)