(updated 31 May 07)
Top Ten Reasons Cartoon People Only Have Four Fingers
I resent that! Real people have four fingers....and a thumb! (email@example.com) Yeah, yeah...always an annoying, anal, math-loving nitpicker in the bunch. Now on to the REAL entries...
10. The animators figure that the people watching the cartoons won't have the attention span to count past 3 anyway. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. Last I looked no cartoonists named Van Gogh, Rembrandt, or Monet! (email@example.com)
8. Opposable thumbs would allow godless evolution into anime characters. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Messes up their ability to count so they don't know they're getting paid diddly. (DaphnetheRed@yahoo.com)
6. The pimp hand is just so strong they just don't need that thumb. (email@example.com)
5. Animators are lazy-ass sons of bitches. (firstname.lastname@example.org; YeIIowRoseOTX@aol.com)
4. Since they don't have sex organs, might as well draw them with fat fingers. You don't hear Minnie Mouse complaining, do you? (Truckerex@insightbb.com)
3. It was just too tempting for the animators at Disney to make Donald Duck flip the bird every now and then. (email@example.com)
2. Eliminating one finger per hand saves cartoon producers $100 billion dollars a year in out sourcing fees. (SPTirish@aol.com)
Really...I mean, growing all FIVE fingers back after this happening would be TOO unbelievable...
1. Many have lost fingers due to falling anvils, bombs that look like bowling balls, and various malfunctioning Acme products. (firstname.lastname@example.org)