(updated 13 Jan 05)
Top Ten Signs You Might Have a Bad Mechanic
First off, I have to say that this Top Ten was one of the hardest to cut down to only 10. I almost ended up doing a Top 30ish list...when you read the "almosts", you'll understand why.
10. The only tools in his garage are a ball-peen hammer, a claw hammer, and a sledge hammer. (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. The words "thingamajig" and "whatchamacallit" come up far too regularly when he's explaining the work that he's done. (email@example.com)
8. Ralph Nader is now using your car in his new Docu-Drama "Unsafe At Any Speed 2". (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. After a number of repairs you discover a note on the steering wheel..."Why not walk to work and give us a &^%$# break." (email@example.com)
6. He admits his first love is Interior Design. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. You ask, "What does the 'Check Engine' light mean?" and he replies, "It means you have to write me a check for a new engine." (email@example.com)
4. He also owns the car rental shop across the street. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Speaks in complete, articulate sentences. Shop radio tuned to NPR. Wall calendar of Renaissance poets. (email@example.com)
2. Still doesn't understand how my ’72 VW is powered by trunk space. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"If it's a problem...I can always make your horn a little louder..."
1. Wants to know if I'll be wanting to use my brakes for stopping...or just slowin' down. (Truckerex@insightbb.com)