(updated 23 Sep 04)
Top Ten Ways I'm Going To Spend My Time When I Lose My Electricity For 10 Days Due To Hurricane Ivan
(Side note: It was out here for 10 days after Opal...this one's tracking nearly the same...but with more power and larger...so chances are it might happen again.)
Well, we didn't lose power at all - but I thought it only appropriate if I let this not get updated as if I had...hey...sounds plausible. ;)
First off...if I had a sex drive this might have won...
A vibrator, a pallet-load of batteries, and a case of Jack Daniels. Bring on your damn hurricane. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
And had I been a guy...this might have...
I'm not hoarding Kleenex and hand lotion. You need these items during a storm. (Truckerex@insightbb.com)
But since it's neither of the above...I give you the list...
10. Well, since you've been married for years, we know it won't involve sex. (Jdoveraz@aol.com)
9. Collecting genuine Hurricane Ivan Memorabilia Debris to award as the next TOTW prize. (email@example.com)
8. Prowl the Amish chat rooms. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Have time to wonder what happens when they get through the Z names...Hurricane Aardvark? (email@example.com)
6. ...staring at a blank TV and finding it every bit as exciting as I do when it's working. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. "She touched me!" "Did not!" Stop it kids"..."She did it again!" "Did not!" Stop it kids"... (email@example.com)
4. I will entertain myself the old fashioned way... by watching old people fall. (DajakAiss@aol.com)
3. Convincing the cat he's deaf by silently chasing him with the vacuum cleaner. (Seeker@vcoms.net)
2. Play a game of Stratego. Maybe even twice if it's a fast game. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. No effect... you've gone through life in the dark this far... (email@example.com)