(updated 9 Aug 05)
Top Ten Obscure Energy Savings From Delaying the Daylight Savings Time Change Until November
Geez...a lot more dedication than I have...and I'm half your age...
Who cares, at 89 I still get up early to play HMO. (NITRAMXXX@aol.com)
And now the list...
10. Flights to Europe shortened by one hour. (NonComposMentiss@aol.com)
9. Saves me a whole 5 minutes resetting the clock for another month. (YeIIowRoseOTX@aol.com)
8. *Ahem*...that's easy...all obscure energy savings can be calculated using this simple equation: lCiyt= α+ β1 Popiyt+ β2 GSPiyt+ β3 P_Eiyt+ β4 P_Giyt+ β5 HDDiyt+ γ1 ALi+ γ2 ARi+ γ3 CAi+ γ4 COi+ γ5 CTi+ γ6 DEi+ …+ δ1 Dt+ δ2 Jt+ δ3 Ft+ δ4 Mt+ δ5 At+ δ6 Myt+ θ2 DSTiyt*Jt+ θ3 DSTiyt*Ft+ θ4 DSTiyt*Mt+ θ5 DSTiyt*At+ εiyt∀ i, y, t (MedCheryl@aol.com)
7. I'm sure this will lead to more sex. Oh, yeah, and the energy savings comes from the women who just lie there. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Everyone with computers, TV’s and VCR’s that automatically switch to daylight savings time will now be late for work because the time will not switch properly. They will get fired thus saving on the gas they used to commute. (email@example.com)
5. More time to defrost the turkey. (HerzogVon@aol.com)
4. It must be a government idea because I can't think of any. (Eleman8859@aol.com)
3. Children will spend more time burning ants with magnifying glasses with the extra sunlight instead of wasting gasoline to do it. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. You only have to worry about draining your battery through horn usage instead of headlight usage on home commutes at night. (email@example.com)
And saves you the $3.89 you'd pay for that Goo Gone stuff...
1. Saves water not having to wash the candy off your vehicle after hitting those Trick-or-Treat monster thingies in the street on Halloween with your truck. (firstname.lastname@example.org)